International Hospitaller Flagship Projects
In a spirit of cooperative and fraternal collaboration, the Office of the Grand Hospitaller promotes identified projects for a collaborative support project. In the last decade, a number of such projects have been supported including support for:
- the ‘Gandhiji Seva Niketan’ Leprosy Surgery Centre of Dr Rémy Rousselot in Bhubaneswar, India;
- the refurbishment project of Saint Louis Hospital in Jerusalem, Israel erected on the foundations of the first leprosarium of the Order in the Holy Land;
- the Melkite Patriarchy educational facilities destroyed by the Beirut August 2020 explosion;
- the Ávila Healthcare Complex in Spain to help the centre obtain essential consumables to combat the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic;
- the Emergency Relief provisions following the Tonga volcanic eruption and tsunami in January 2022; and recently
- the Ukrainian Refugee Support Initiative managed by the Grand Bailiwick of the Czech Republic and the European Humanitarian Grand Priory following the Russian invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.
In addition, by setting up a Resource Library, the Office promotes the free exchange of resources useful in supporting philanthropic endeavours.
A Caregiver's Guide - A Handbook about End-of-Life Care was prepared as a joint initiative of the Order of Saint Lazarus in Canada and the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association. The resource was created to provide information for family caregivers to draw upon when preparing and caring for a loved one who has a progressive illness, especially at home. It was developed to complement resources and information provided to caregivers by healthcare professionals, including hospice palliative care teams. You can download a copy here, and hard copies are also available.
The First Aid Manual was prepared by the Grand Priory of the Maltese Islands through the collaboration of a number of healthcare professionals. The resource provides information to members of the Order and the public on issues related to administering first-aid in a variety of circumstances. You can download a copy here, and hard copies are also available.
New for 2023 The Diabetes Self Care Management - A patient-empowerment manual was prepared by the Grand Priory of the Maltese Islands through the collaboration of a number of healthcare professionals. The resource provides information to diabetic individuals aiming to empower them and thus get better control of their condition. You can download a copy here, and hard copies are also available.