The first leprosarium of the Order of St. Lazarus in Portugal, appeared in the 12th century in the town of Marco (now Marco de Canavezes). Today along the river, we can see the Church of St. Lazarus (moved in the 17th century due to the flow of the river). This Church was visited by our Grand Master about a year and a half ago, together with Count de Campo Alange and a delegation of the Grand Priory of Portugal. During this visit, many imagined the courage of those men to roam thousands of miles from Jerusalem, on adventurous paths filled with difficulties and diseases, aiming to institute a leprosarium, which was completed, including the chapel in the year 1264. Moved by faith, spreading the word of the Lord, and the preservation of a social responsibility made them overcome all.

Read more ...

The Grand Priory of Hungary held its Holy Investiture in the Saint Anna Church on Batthyányi square, Budapest, Hungary on October 18, 2014. The Investiture started with a Holy Mass served by H.E. Bishop Lajos Varga and the Chaplains of our Order: Ferenc Mák, SChLJ, Bazil Pásztor, SChLJ and Béla Mosolygó, SChLJ. His Excellency Lajos Varga praised the charity efforts of the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem since its foundation in the 12th century. A memorable moment of the Investiture was when the coats and insignia of the postulants were blessed.

Read more ...

HUMANITARIAN GRAND PRIORY OF EUROPE

40 Years of Service

For their many years of humanitarian work in the Lazarus-Hilfswerk/Humanitarian Grand Priory Europe  and beyond, Knights of Saint Lazarus Dr. Bernhard Worms (from Pulheim), Dr. Karlheinz Gierden (Frechen), and John Ruland (Cologne) have been awarded the distinguished "Knight's Cross of Merit with Star" by the ecumenical Christian Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem

Read more ...

CB Login