The Chapel of the VaszaryKolos Hospital in Esztergom (Hungary) closed down in 1954. For a long time the building was used as an x-ray storage room for the hospital but ended up in a ruinous condition. Donations from the Order allowed the Chapel’s renovation. Archbishop of Esztergom-Budapest, Cardinal Dr. László Paskai consecrated it again in September 1991.

On December 16th, 2000 the Apostolic Nuncio and doyen of the diplomatic corps in Hungary, Karl-Josef Rauber performed mass in the church for accredited diplomats in Hungary, our Order’s members, Esztergom city leaders and hospital patients to celebrate the  new Millennium. The Nuncio also consecrated the new bell of the church which was donated by a Member of the Parliament and a representative of Esztergom: János Latorcai Újházi Aranka DLJ, a member of our Order.

In the St. Lazarus chapel there are weekly Roman and Greek Catholic masses as well as Evangelical Services. Arrangements were made by Dame Éva Nyáry to manufacture the restored window-mosaic and decorateit with the Knight Cross of the Order of Merit of Hungary.Cardinal and Archbishop of Esztergom-Budapet Dr. ErdÅ‘Péter offered the chapel for the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem through Grand Prior Countess Éva Nyáry on August 20, 2013.

CB Login